Our History

History of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church

A Growing Congregation

Good Shepherd Lutheran Church had a humble beginning in 1957 based in the five-bedroom home of Pastor Robert Olson in Windsor Locks. Services were held in the living room. As we began to grow
services were held in different schools in Windsor Locks.

Due to a growing congregation we voted to build our own church

Purchased land at 585 South St (Rte 75) in Suffield, CT

On June 20, 1963 we joined the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

The church was completed and dedicated to the work of spreading the Good News of Christ.
Much of the work was done by our own church members.

Helped create and adopted a new version of the Missouri Synod constitution that allowed
women to vote in congregational meetings and also hold the office of President of a
congregation.

Celebration of 30 years Under Grace of God

New Church sign installed

Celebration of 50 years under the Grace of God

Throughout the years Good Shepherd has provided Adult Bible Studies, Sunday School for all children, and Vacation Bible School each summer. Annually until 2007 we celebrated the birth of Christ with a live Nativity each year on our front yard including animals.

Our Pastors

Robert Olson 1957-1961
Ronald Loncar 1963 – 1970
Daniel Fiehler 1970 – 1980
Rev Schwengel 1980 – 1983 Dual Parish
James Kerner 1983 – 2015
Ralph Lanphar 2016 -2020 Dual Parish

Adam Moore 2020 – present